Additions and updates to the RightScale platform. Use the navigation on the left to select the product category.
Latest Weekly Changes
- Underutilized Azure Reserved Instances reports on Azure Reserved Instances that are not being utilized to help identify and remediate waste.
- Budget Alerts allows you to set a budget amount on a per-billing center or organization level and get an alert when your actual or forecasted spend is above the specified budget amount.
- Azure Hybrid Use Benefit identifies all VMs not leveraging Azure Hybrid Use Benefit (AHUB) and allows for AHUB to be enabled after approval.
Changes to Existing Policies
In addition to monthly, quarterly, and biannual calendar periods, the Optima date range calendar now has an additional tab for daily granularity, as seen below. When daily is selected, users can choose a custom range of up to 31 days in the calendar. Daily data is available in Tabular View and all Dashboard reports except the resource list, which will support a daily calendar period at a future date.
- Scheduled Reports provides the user with periodic reports of their cloud spend for the selected billing centers.
- Custom tag-based dimensions can now be added and updated directly by users in the UI which allow a user to specify tags used for filtering and grouping Billing Center cost data. You can find them under Settings -> Custom Tags in Optima.
RightScale Release Schedules
RightScale performs regularly scheduled weekly no-downtime releases of the Cloud Management and Self-Service products every Wednesday afternoon (PDT). Optima no-downtime releases occur every Thursday morning (PDT).
If you have questions regarding the RightScale release schedule, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org