Additions and updates to the RightScale platform. Use the navigation on the left to select the product category.
Latest Weekly Changes
- SaaS Manager - Duplicate User Accounts creates an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager identifies duplicate user accounts within a single managed SaaS application.
- SaaS Manager - Unsanctioned Applications with Existing Contract creates an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager identifies unsanctioned SaaS purchases for managed applications under an existing license contract.
- The Policy Manager has an improved incident table. The new incident table allows users to sort columns, hide and show columns and filter for text within the table. This feature requires the use of the export block within the policy template.
- SaaS Manager - Inactive Users create an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager identifies inactive or never active users for managed applications.
- SaaS Manager - Redundant Apps create an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager identifies application categories with an excessive number of applications.
- FlexNet Manager Low Available Licenses creates and incident when Flexnet Manager Licenses with available count less than user provide percentage.
- Credential manager now supports native creation and editing of credentials for Azure Resource Manager, Azure Enterprise Agreement, and Google cloud. These native editors simplify the process of creating and updating credentials for those services.
- The API for managing credentials is now publicly available. Automate the process of connecting services and rotating creds by leveraging this set of API calls.
Changes to Existing Features
- Improved success and error messages when managing credentials
- Selected credential information is now available when viewing applied policies
- Improved experience when editing credentials
- Simplified credential editing screens for AWS credential types
- AWS Unattached Volumes checks for old volumes that can be deleted using the AWS APIs directly.
- Google Unattached Volumes checks for old volumes that can be deleted using the Google APIs directly.
- Google Old Snapshots checks for old snapshots that can be deleted using the Google APIs directly.
Changes to Existing Policies
- Policies now have credential management built-in to the product, making it easier to connect your different clouds for policy governance. Along with the feature release, many policies have been upgraded to use the new credential capability (see below). Check out the docs to learn more. Some of the benefits include:
- Simplified experience to connect clouds for policy governance
- Ability to rotate credentials without affecting running policies
- Support for new credential types including AWS Cross-Account Roles and NTLM
- Reduced overhead when dealing with multiple cloud accounts
- Policy designers can now specify a default frequency value in their policies, simplifying the process of applying a policy for their users.
- An on-premises version of AWS EC2 Instances not running FlexNet Inventory Agent
- An on-premises version of Azure Instances not running FlexNet Inventory Agent
- An on-premises version of FlexNet Manager Licenses At Risk
- An on-premises version of Schedule FlexNet Manager Report
Changes to Existing Policies
The following policies have been updated to support the new method of credential management mentioned above:
- AWS EC2 Instances not running FlexNet Inventory Agent - Cloud
- AWS Inefficient Instance Utilization using CloudWatch
- AWS Open Buckets
- AWS Rightsize RDS Instances
- AWS Unused RDS Instance
- Azure Inefficient Instance Utilization using Log Analytics
- Azure Instances not running FlexNet Inventory Agent - Cloud
- Azure Long-Stopped Instances
- Azure Rightsize SQL Databases
- Azure Subscription Access
- FlexNet Manager Licenses At Risk - Cloud
- Google Inefficient Instance Utilization using StackDriver
- Schedule FlexNet Manager Report - Cloud
- Disallowed Cloud Images reports on any image usage outside of the specified approved images.
- SaaS Manager - Suspicious Users creates an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager detects suspicious users logging into SaaS applications.
- SaaS Manager - User Status Change identifies users whose status changes to
inactivein Flexera SaaS Manager.
- SaaS Manager - Renewal Reminder identifies applications with upcoming contract renewals.
- Office 365 Security Alerts surfaces security alerts of a user-specified severity level that have been raised in Office 365.
- SaaS Manager - Unsanctioned Spend creates an incident when Flexera SaaS Manager identifies unsanctioned spend on SaaS applications.
RightScale Release Schedules
RightScale performs regularly scheduled weekly no-downtime releases of the Cloud Management and Self-Service products every Wednesday afternoon (PDT). Optima no-downtime releases occur every Thursday morning (PDT).
If you have questions regarding the RightScale release schedule, please contact our support team at email@example.com