Additions and updates to the RightScale platform. Use the navigation on the left to select the product category.
Latest Weekly Changes
Changes to Existing Features
- Policies now support pagination markers in the body of a request, enabling the use of APIs that leverage this method for pagination, such as some AWS API calls. You can find additional information and examples of the
body_fieldpage marker in the Pagination section of the policy language documentation.
- Stranded Servers reports on any servers that are stranded in booting so that they can be repaired or terminated to reduce waste.
Changes to Existing Policies
- AWS Unencrypted RDS Instances checks all RDS instances and reports on any that are unencrypted.
- AWS Public Accessible RDS Instances checks all RDS instances and reports on any that are publicly accessible.
- VMWare Instance Tag Sync ensures that all tags that exist in Cloud Management are pushed to VMWare.
- Google StackDriver Utilization utilizes Google Stackdriver to provide a report of utilization on all instances in the given project.
- AWS Instance CloudWatch Utilization utilizes AWS Cloudwatch to provide a report of utilization on all instances in the given account.
- GitHub.com Unpermitted Outside Collaborators checks for any users that have access to a repository but are outside the Github organization and haven't been whitelisted.
- GitHub.com Unpermitted Repository Names checks all repositories in the Github organization for any that do not match the specified naming scheme.
- GitHub.com Unpermitted Top-Level Teams checks the top-level/parent teams for a Github organization to ensure they are in the specified whitelist.
- GitHub.com Unpermitted Sized Repositories checks all repositories in the Github organization that are too small and/or too old (potentially indicating an unused repository).
- GitHub.com Repository Branches without Protection checks all repositories that are part of the Github organization for any specified branch names that are not protected.
- GitHub.com Repositories without Admin Team checks for any repositories in the Github organization that do have at least one team assigned the
- AWS Unused ECS Clusters checks all ECS clusters to determine if any are unused (no registered instances, no running tasks, no pending tasks, no active services) and offers the option to delete the cluster after manual approval.
- AWS Internet-facing Load Balancers checks all AWS load balancers (both Classic Load Balancers(ELBs) and Application Load Balancers(ALBs)) and reports on any that are Internet-facing. When such a load balancer is detected, the user can choose to delete it after approval.
- AWS Unencrypted Volumes checks all Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes in a given account and reports on any that are not encrypted.
- Low Account Usage reports on accounts with low usage, which may indicate abandoned accounts that could be cancelled or consolidated into larger accounts for ease of management.
- Low Service Usage reports on services with low usage, which may indicate abandoned services that can be terminated or potentially consolidated into a larger account/region for ease of management.
- Google Unused IP Address checks Google for Unutilized IP Addresses.
Changes to Existing Policies
- Budget Alerts was updated to reduce the frequency of incident creation and notification for already-reported overages.
- AWS Reserved Instance Utilization Report was updated to add additional fields to the report.
RightScale Release Schedules
RightScale performs regularly scheduled weekly no-downtime releases of the Cloud Management and Self-Service products every Wednesday afternoon (PDT). Optima no-downtime releases occur every Thursday morning (PDT).
If you have questions regarding the RightScale release schedule, please contact our support team at email@example.com