- OpenStack - OpenStack Kilo is now officially supported in RightScale. For more information, see the OpenStack documentation on our docs site.
- Dashboard Sidebar Redesign - Along with resolving minor bugs in how the sidebar hides/shows on certain views within Cloud Management, the new sidebar design is part of a continued effort to align the look and feel of RightScale's applications for a consistent user experience.
- Disabling RightScripts - We have added support for disabling RightScripts from the boot sequence when launching a Server/Array through the CM API 1.5, allowing you greater control of the boot behavior of your RightScale servers.
- EC2 Instance Tenancy Option - In EC2, you can now select the tenancy for a given instance when launching it (instead of relying on the VPC tenancy setting), giving you more flexibility around workload placement in AWS.
- EC2 g2 Instances - We have added support for
g2.8xlinstance types in EC2.
- GCE Preemptible Instances - We have added support for launching instances and configuring servers/arrays to use
preemptibleinstances in GCE. Use of these types of instances in GCE can drastically reduce costs, but come with a variety of limitations -- see GCE documentation for more information. This setting is now available in the Cloud Management Dashboard and available in the API and CAT through the
cloud_specific_attributeshash of an instance.