This guide explains how to configure an existing RCA-V to support Shutdown Guest OS functionality
Your images will need VMWare VMTools installed, open-vm-tools does not support ShutDownGuest until Linux Kernel 3.9.
This requires version 3.0.1 or greater. Please see Upgrade Guide
- Setup RCAV per documentation.
- Two new settings were introduced to the Cloud Configuration - Global Policies Page
- Under the VM Policies:
- ShutDown Guest OS – True/False
- Timeout For Guest OS ShutDown – Timeout in Seconds before it will send PowerOff command if Shutdown has not completed.
- At this point it should start working, however you can restart the vscale service to ensure that the tenants get properly populated with the settings.