To delete a public or private cloud account from RightScale so that the cloud resources are no longer accessible via the Dashboard (for that account).
Before you delete a cloud account from RightScale, be sure you fully understand its ramifications. See What happens when I delete a cloud account from RightScale?
All cloud account types including AWS can be removed. If you have any issues, please contact email@example.com.
- For changing AWS credentails, see FAQ 69 - Can I change my AWS Credentials in the Dashboard?
You must have 'admin' role privileges in the RightScale account you wish to delete the cloud account from.
Delete a Cloud Account
- Go to Settings > Account Settings > Clouds tab.
- Locate the cloud credentials that you want to remove from the RightScale account and click the delete icon in the Actions column (red
- As a a safety precaution, you will need to enter the password that you use to log in to the dashboard. Enter your password and click Submit.
- Once you've successfully authenticated yourself, click Confirm Delete.
- After the cloud's credentials have been successfully removed from the RightScale account, the cloud will no longer be listed as an available public/private pool of resources under the Clouds menu.