Set Instance Type Prices
Private Clouds now have the ability to set their own pricing on Instance Types. For example, you can change the associated cost of a large instance type from a dime to .12/hour from the RightScale Dashboard. Use the following procedure to set your own pricing on your Private Cloud.
- 'admin' user permissions in the RightScale account to which the private cloud is registered. Any user with 'admin' user permissions can set pricing information for Instance Types in private clouds.
- Navigate to Clouds > CloudName > Instance Types. The current Name, Estimated Pricing, Resource UID for the Instance Types, etc. are all displayed.
- Select the Change Pricing action button. The current prices are displayed with editable fields.
Only the user that connected the cloud can see a
Change Pricing action button and change the pricing scheme.
- Set or modify the pricing per hour fields as needed. For example, you could set:
- Small Instance Type to .08/hour
- Medium to .10/hour
- Large to .12/hour
- Click the Save action button when ready