Use the Instance Provisioner to create a new Instance in Microsoft Azure and launch it.
The Instance Provisioner walks you through the following steps to creating a new Microsoft Azure Instance:
- Selecting an image
- Specifying hardware settings
- Configuring networking parameters
- Confirming launch settings
- Launching the Instance
Use the following procedure to create a new Instance in Azure using the Instance Provisioner.
- Navigate to Clouds > Azure
> Instances > New. The Image screen of the Instance Provisioner displays.
- In the left-hand pane, select the machine image you want to use for your Instance. You can use the filter controls to help you locate the images that are of interest to you. The information displayed in the right-hand pane provides specific details on the selected image. Once you have chosen an appropriate image, click Details to move to the next screen. Note that you can also use the 'breadcrumbs' at the top of the screen to navigate through the various steps of the Instance Provisioner.
The Details screen provides the following fields and controls for configuring the hardware and storage settings for your Instance.
Field/Control Description Instance Name A user-defined name for the instance. Use this text field to enter a name for your Instance. Deployment The RightScale deployment into which the Instance will be launched. Use the drop-down list to select an existing deployment. Instance Type A cloud-specific descriptor identifying a combination of CPU, storage, memory, and networking capacity. Use the drop-down list to select an appropriate type. User Data (Optional) Allows for configuration of the Instance during launch. Placement Group Maps to an Azure Affinity Group. Provides a way to point to a fixed set of physical servers located near each other in the same region. Use the drop-down to select a Placement Group Subnet Covers a range of IP addresses that reside within a network. Use the drop-down to select a subnet.
Enter or select appropriate values for the settings on the Details screen, then click Confirm.
Review your settings for the Instance you want to launch. If you need to change anything, you can use the 'breadcrumbs' at the top of the screen or the buttons in the lower left-hand portion of the screen to navigate back to make modifications. Click Launch to initiate launching the Instance.