RightScale Optima enables you to analyze, report, forecast and optimize costs across all of your clouds and cloud accounts. With Optima you can:
- Get visibility into costs across all your clouds
- Analyze costs by a variety of factors, including cloud provider, account, regions, data centers, applications, users, tags, and time periods.
- Get scheduled reports on cloud spend delivered to your email inbox.
- Specify markups and markdowns (discounts) on cloud prices.
- Create and export reports for chargeback and showback.
- Forecast and budget for cloud costs by application, team, user, cloud, or other factors.
- Set alerts when budgets are exceeded or projected to be exceeded.
- Plan for and manage Reserved Instances
Configuring your accounts
- Follow the steps in our bill connect guide to connect your cloud billing data to Optima.
Allocating cloud costs to your teams
- Use billing centers to allocate cloud costs to your teams and provide them access to their data
Analyzing cloud cost information
- Optima contains many common controls that apply to many areas of the product
- The Dashboard page provides a summary of all cost data to which you have access
- The Tabular View within billing centers provides a pivot-table capability to break down your spend across categories
- Custom dashboards provide you the ability to customize the data and layout of cost information within a billing center