Learn how to use existing Chef-based ServerTemplates to launch servers in the cloud as well as best practices for customizing existing Chef-based ServerTemplates and building your own custom ServerTemplates.
- Chef Basics
- Introduction to Chef Tutorial
- Beginner Chef Tutorial
- Intermediate 1 Chef Tutorial
- Intermediate 2 Chef Tutorial
RightScale Support of Chef
- How does RightScale use Chef?
- Similarities between Hosted Chef and Chef with RightScale
- Breakdown of a Server launched with a Chef-based ServerTemplate
- Where are cookbooks stored?
- Chef Metadata
- What happened to Chef Cookbook Overrides?
Development Environment Setup
Cookbook Development Resources
- RightScale Chef Cookbook Repositories
- Chef Cookbook Design Patterns
- Chef Resources (Legacy)
- Lightweight Resources and Providers (LWRP)
- PowerShell Chef Providers
- RightScale Cookbook Design Conventions
- Using chef-solo-wrapper for development, testing and debugging
- Using RightScale's Open Source Cookbooks
- Customize a Chef-based ServerTemplate
- Upgrade a ServerTemplate
- Update Cookbook Metadata Files
- Common Development Tasks
Source Control Management Systems