Additions and updates to the RightScale platform. Use the navigation on the left to select the product category.
Latest Weekly Changes
- Support for vSphere 6.5
- Update appliance to Ubuntu 16.04
- Support datastores in folders
- Support host clusters in folders
- Improve error handling when profile driven storage permissions are not set
- Sync instance names from RightScale to vSphere
- Delete userdata ISOs after upload
- Use whitelisted URLs for admin UI status checks
- Improve error handling when discovering instance types
- Backup application config to datastore
Version: vscale_3.0_20170814_17, vscale-admin_3.0_20170811_12
Changes in Behavior
- Added support for showing the attachment between OS disks and Servers in AzureRM clouds -- now associated OS disk volumes can be found in the Volumes tab for a Server.
Introducing Billing Centers - showback costs across clouds using tags: Allocating cloud service usage costs to the right teams has always been difficult, especially when using many different cloud providers. Billing Centers in RightScale make this a simple task, allowing you to specify which tags and/or accounts should be allocated to which Billing Center(s). From there, you can create automated reports and alerts on the costs for each billing center and grant access to your users to view the data so they can track their usage throughout the month. This feature is available to all customers and requires the
billing_center_adminrole to create/edit billing centers, and the
billing_center_viewerrole to see billing centers and create reports from them. Get started with billing centers.
Introducing new Cloud Analytics Role: You can now grant users access to only Cloud Analytics using the new
ca_userrole from Governance and Cloud Management Invite flow. The existing
billingrole has been removed and existing user privileges have been migrated, to this new role, so that no behavior is affected. The Billing Admin-only account setting, in Cloud Management, will no longer work and will be removed very soon.
Updated Invite Flow
- RightScale now supports the Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program for billing functions in Cloud Analytics. By connecting your CSP partner information with RightScale, your CSP customers' billing data will be available for them to analyze, report, and alert on in Cloud Analytics. Contact your Account Manager or email@example.com for more information.
- Fix update installer, to allow appliance OS (Ubuntu 12.04) to be upgraded with current updates.
RightScale Release Schedules
RightScale performs regularly scheduled weekly no-downtime releases of the Cloud Management and Self-Service products every Wednesday afternoon (PDT). Cloud Analytics no-downtime releases occur every Thursday morning (PDT).
If you have questions regarding the RightScale release schedule, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org