Additions and updates to the RightScale platform. Use the navigation on the left to select the product category.
Latest Weekly Changes
- Introducing a new collapsable sidebar - The top menu bar has been changed to span across the screen but can still be collapsed to maximize the real estate of the CA content on your screen. When collapsed, small icons are available for you to navigate within the product.
New link to Cloud Comparison - From Scenario Builder inside of Cloud Analytics, there is now a link directly to the new Cloud Comparison tool from RightScale. You can use this tool to help decide which clouds to use based on various requirements, including security certifications, available instance types, supported applications, and more.
The following attributes were removed from the Pricing Service:
max_allowed_up_to_date_atwere removed from the Markups resource
optionwas removed from the UsageCharge resource
- Support for OpenStack volume types - RightScale now supports volume types for OpenStack volumes. You can create volumes using different volume types and view the type for any existing volume. This can done in Cloud Management as well as automated through the API and Self-Service CAT files.
- MCI Creation - Selection of machine images when creating or editing MCIs has been improved with a new filterable selection interface.
Changes in Behavior
- Server Arrays - Cloning a Server Array will now also clone the recurring volume attachments.
- Amazon Web Services - Added support for the new t2.nano instance type across all supported AWS regions.
Full Cost Reporting & Alerting - Users can now create Scheduled Reports and Budget Alerts across their full cloud bills for AWS, Google, and Azure. Previously this was only available on instance costs.
This is how your report will look:
Share Links warn when sharing across timezones - when you share an Analyze page to a user in a different timezone, they will now get a warning that they will see a slightly different dataset than you.
- Google Compute Engine (GCE) - Network Support - Google Networks are now supported in the Network Manager of RightScale. Use RightScale's UI, API, and CAT files to create, manipulate, and manage any GCE Network object that is part of your application. See Using Network Manager with GCE for additional information.
RightScale Release Schedules
RightScale performs regularly scheduled weekly no-downtime releases of the Cloud Management and Self-Service products every Wednesday afternoon (PDT). Cloud Analytics no-downtime releases occur every Thursday morning (PDT).
If you have questions regarding the RightScale release schedule, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org