How to Upgrade to the Latest Package
For a fresh deployment, you can install the latest RCA-V appliance using the instructions in the Installation Guide.
It is also possible to “field-upgrade” the application packages (vscale-admin and vscale) contained in the appliance.
Use the following steps to perform the upgrade:
Before and after each component update, it is recommended to reload the browser (clearing the browser cache is preferred) for the new changes to take effect
- Using the RCA-V Admin UI, navigate to RightScale Platform -> Admin Interface and click Upgrade.
- Download the latest vscale-admin package (in the format vscale-admin_3.0_YYYYMMDD_buildrev).
- Activate the package that you just downloaded using the Activate button.
- Navigate to the vCenter link on the left navigation column.
- Click Upgrade in the Cloud Appliance (vScale) card.
- Download the latest vscale package (vscale_3.0_YYYYMMDD_buildrev).
- Activate the package that you just downloaded using Activate button.